Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Ritz and Garlic Parmesan Knots

I was invited to a jewelry party today by a good friend of mine. She asked me to make something for the guests. Me, being good at both sweet and savory, offered to bring one of each. For the sweet, I had no trouble deciding on chocolate dipped Ritz crackers. It's that salty-sweet combination that everyone loves that makes me want to dip everything in chocolate! I made a few with peanut butter in between, like sandwiches, but liked just the plain crackers better, so I brought just those.

The recipe is crazy simple and you can make a ton in a short amount of time. Enjoy!

Chocolate Covered Ritz


Dark and Milk Chocolate Dipped Ritz
Ingredients
2 sleeves Ritz Crackers
1/2 pound dark chocolate candy wafers
1/2 pound milk chocolate candy wafers
1 tablespoon vegetable shortning, divided

Directions
1. Place chocolate wafers (one flavor at a time) in a wide, shallow dish (I used a small corningware casserole dish) with 1 tablespoon shortning.
2. Microwave on half power for about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes, checking frequently. (I know it's done when the shortning is melted).
3. Stir the chocolate to combine the shortning until smooth
4. Drop the cracker into the chocolate and use a plastic knife to swirl it around until the whole cracker is coated. Scoop up the cracker using the knife and tap it onto the side of the dish to remove excess chocolate. Place on a sheet of waxed paper.

To make peanut butter sandwiches, smiply add a dollop of peanut butter to one cracker and place a second on top to make a sandwich. Follow the same directions above to coat in chocolate.

I also made garlic parmesan knots. I found the recipe on another blog through the pinterest website. These were also so very simple and tasted wonderful! I will be making them again!  Enjoy!

Garlic Parmesan Knots

Garlic Parmesan Knots

Ingredients
1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
1/4 cup oil (I used a mix of regular vegetable oil and olive oil)
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

Directions
1. Roll each biscuit into a 12 inch rope and tie into a knot and tuck ends under. Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet (or parchment paper).
2. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush the warm knots with the mixture.
(I baked them at 400° for 8 minutes and found they were brown on the outside and a little gooey on the inside. Next time, I will drop the temperature and bake for 20 minutes.)

Both of these things went over really well and I will definitely be making the knots again and again. I already make the crackers often! I hope you enjoy both recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment