Friday, June 10, 2011

Off the Cuff - Vanilla Lemonade - So very refreshing!

One day, I was hankerin' for some lemonade, but I didn't want just ordinary lemonade. I wanted something better. I don't like mint, so adding mint to my lemonade just sounds yucky. Pink lemonade is so played out, as is strawberry, raspberry, blah blah blah... Soooo, in the spirit of Jes, I added vanilla! Yep, vanilla lemonade, my new favorite drink! Here's whatcha gotta do! Enjoy!


Vanilla Lemonade


Photo from The Sac Chef
Ingredients
1 3/4 cups white sugar
8 cups water, divided
1 1/2 cups lemon juice
1 1/3 tbs clear vanilla extract

Directions
1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
2. Remove seeds from lemon juice, but leave pulp. In pitcher, stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and remaining 7 cups water.          

You could also just make powdered lemonade and add the vanilla to it, but we won't be doing that, will we?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment