Monday, August 8, 2011

Israeli Couscous with Almonds and Dried Cranberries

I had Israeli couscous once and I remember liking it. I saw it not too long ago while I was out shopping and thought, "I could totally make that!" So I bought some, brought it home... and had no idea what to do with it! I searched on the internet, asked for some favorite recipes and ultimately ended up with this recipe. Enjoy!

Israeli Couscous with Almonds and Dried Cranberries

Israeli Couscous with Almonds and Dried Cranberries
Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
2 cups Israeli couscous
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Directions
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the couscous and cook, stirring occasionally until slightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
3. Add the parsley, dried cranberries, and almonds. Stir to combine and heat the cranberries and almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment