Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Off the Cuff - Fettuccini with Turkey and Sweet Pepper Ragu

I knew I wanted pasta for supper tonight and I knew I had some defrosted ground turkey in the fridge. The question that remained was, do I want to make meatballs or just a meat sauce? I decided meat sauce. The checkered husband bought me these sweet Italian peppers last night. I had no idea what I want going to do with them, so putting them into the pasta sauce just seemed right.

So, without further ado, here's another off the cuff recipe. Enjoy!

Fettuccini with Turkey and Sweet Pepper Ragu
Fettuccini with Turkey and Sweet Pepper Ragu

Ingredients
1 pound fettuccini
1 cup your favorite pasta sauce
1 can tomato soup
2 teaspoons parsley or Italian seasoning
1 pound ground turkey
6 tiny sweet Italian peppers, washed and cut into strips
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons heavy cream

Directions
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. In a medium skillet, sautee peppers in butter until soft.
3. Remove peppers from pan and add ground turkey. Cook until brown.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine pasta sauce, tomato soup, turkey, peppers and seasoning. Cook on medium heat until heated through.
5. Add heavy cream and stir until well blended.

Serve pasta with sauce on top and add grated cheese, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment