Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Off the Cuff - Confetti Rice

Here is another one of those recipes that I came up with "off the cuff". I wanted something for lunch, something a little spicy, a lot flavorful and with olives (specific much?). So I went into the kitchen and came up with Confetti Rice. Here it is! Enjoy!

Confetti Rice

Confetti Rice
Ingredients
1 cup instant rice
1 cup water
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup colored bell pepper strips, diced
1/2 cup green and black olives, halved
chili powder & cumin to taste (or chili seasoning)

Directions
1. Prepare rice as indicated on the package.
2. Sautee peppers and olives in butter until soft.
3. In a medium saucepan, mix tomato sauce, rice, peppers, olives and spices.
4. Stir occasionally until hot.

Since I threw this together "off the cuff," I don't have exact measurements of what I did. Just add what you like and taste until you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment