Sunday, July 31, 2011

Honeycomb (Better Than the Cereal!)

I subscribe to what I'm sure the checkered husband would call a ludicrous amount a lot of food magazines. I was flipping through one at supper tonight and found a recipe for peanut butter honeycomb pie. While I didn't have the ingredients to make the pie, I did have everything to make the honeycomb! So I tried two kinds. Here they are! Enjoy!

Honeycomb

Honeycomb

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons corn syrup
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon baking soda, sifted

Directions
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Combine sugar, corn syrup, honey, and 1/4 cup water in a heavy deep saucepan.
3. Stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Cook without stirring, occasionally swirling pan and brushing down sides with a wet pastry brush, until sugar turns pale amber.
4. Working quickly, add baking soda (mixture will foam up dramatically); whisk quickly just to combine.
5. Immediately pour candy over prepared sheet (do not spread out). Let stand undisturbed until cool, about 20 minutes.
6. Hit candy in several places with the handle of a knife to crack into pieces.


I also made huckleberry honeycomb by using huckleberry honey!




No comments:

Post a Comment