Saturday, September 29, 2012

Crock Pot Creation - Cheesy Artichoke Chicken with Pasta

Fall is here and I absolutely love cooking for the season! One of my favorite cool-weather cooking methods is my crock pot. Or should I say crock potS! I have several! Not only does it make some of the best comfort food, but it's essentially set-it-and-forget-it, and that works for me!

Today, in the crock pot, I am making Cheesy Artichoke Chicken with Pasta. It's another one of those, add-what-you-like recipes. I think it would be really good with the addition of muchrooms, black olives, and maybe some bacon. Try it and see what works!



Cheesy Artichoke Chicken with Pasta
Cheesy Artichoke Chicken with Pasta
 
Ingredients
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used thighs)
4 oz roasted red peppers, cut into strips
15 ounces artichoke hearts, quartered
8 oz American cheese (about 12 slices)
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 cups hot cooked pasta
salt and pepper to taste


Directions
1. In a 3 1/2-quart or larger crock pot combine chicken, peppers, artichokes, American cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and soup in the crockpot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
3. About 15 minutes before serving, add shredded Cheddar cheese.
4. Serve over hot cooked pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment