Sunday, September 30, 2012

Off the Cuff - Chocolate Cherry Brownies with Almonds

I'm not sure why the mood strikes at all crazy hours for me to want to bake. But last night at about 1030p, I decided it was a grand ol' time to bake brownies! I didn't want just plain brownies (when do I ever do anything just plain ol'?!), but I didn't have all the ingredients to make the ones with the cream cheese swirl (my favorite). So, I opened some cabinets and the fridge and found some things to make cherry brownies! Since the checkered husband doesn't care for nuts, I made half with and half without sliced almonds. Hope you like!

Chocolate Cherry Brownies with Almonds


Chocolate Cherry Brownies with Almonds

Ingredients
Your favorite brownie recipe (store bought or scratch)
Oil, eggs and water called for on the package

1 cup coarsely chopped maraschino cherries
1/3 cup sliced almonds

Directions
1. Preheat oven to temperature according to your favorite brownie recipe.  

2. Prepare brownie mix as instructed on the package (or use your favorite scratch recipe).
3. Add cherries and almonds and mix well.
4. Line a baking dish (I used an 11 x 7 to make them nice and tall!) with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
5. Spread brownie mix into pan and bake according to recipe instructions, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out clean.

 

The Line-up
Fresh from the oven!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment