As the weather gets cooler, I love breaking out my comfort food recipes, one of them being Haluski. It's a Polish dish, consisting of bacon, cabbage and egg noodles! What's not to love?! Be forewarned, though, this recipe is not for the faint of heart, or the high of cholesterol! It's very rich, filling and has lots of butter and bacon! A good every-once-in-a-while dish. But it's still oh so very good!
Here's the recipe. Enjoy!
1 pound bacon, diced
1 medium head of green cabbage
1 pound egg noodles
2-4 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place diced bacon into a large Dutch oven, over medium high heat. Heat until just crispy. Do not drain.
2. Slice cabbage thinly and add to pot with bacon. Sautee until cabbage is soft.
3. In the meantime, boil egg noodles according to package directions.
4. Drain and add to pot with cabbage and bacon.
5. Add 2-4 tablespoons of butter, depending on your taste, and salt and pepper if desired.
6. Stir until everything is completely incorporated.