Thursday, September 27, 2012

Revamping a Pinterest Fave

My Aunt had a picnic this summer and made these things she found on Pinterest that were a little pepperoni pizza in a biscuit. They were really good, despite I'm not a fan of pepperoni. Well, fast forward some weeks to my checkered boys' 7th birthday party on September 15. I usually make a Buffalo Chicken Dip that I serve with crackers, but decided to try something different. Inspired by my Aunt's pepperoni things, I decided to make something similar, but with buffalo chicken inside. Here's what I did. (I used mozzarella cheese and ranch dressing because the checkered husband doesn't like bleu cheese, but use what you like!)

Ingredients
3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 biscuits per can)

2 cans of chunked chicken (or you could shred your own)
1/3 cup your favorite hot sauce
2 cup package shredded mozzarella cheese (or crumbled bleu cheese)
1 beaten egg
Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing


Directions
1. Toss chicken in hot sauce and let marinate 4 hours or overnight
2. Flatten out biscuit
3. Add spoonful of chicken into center of biscuit
4. Top with a handful of cheese
5. Gather up edges of the biscuit to close
6. Line the rolls up (seam side down) in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish 
7. Brush with beaten egg. 
8. Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes.

Serve with Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing


No comments:

Post a Comment